NEGROS ORIENTAL ISLANDS PHILIPPINES
Negros Oriental Political Subdivision
|Negros Oriental is subdivided into 19 municipalities and 6 cities, which are further subdivided into 557 barangays.|
Dumaguete City is the provincial capital and seat of government. It is also the most populous city, despite having the smallest land area.
- Bais City
- Bayawan City
- Canlaon City
- Dumaguete City
- Tanjay City
For purposes of legislative representation, the cities and municipalities are grouped into three congressional districts, with each district electing a congressman to the House of Representatives of the Philippines.
* 1st District: Canlaon City, Vallehermoso, Guihulngan City, La Libertad, Jimalalud, Tayasan, Ayungon, Bindoy, Manjuyod
* 2nd District: Amlan, Bais City, Mabinay, Pamplona, San Jose, Sibulan, Tanjay City, Dumaguete City
* 3rd district: Bacong, Basay, Bayawan City, Dauin, Santa Catalina, Siaton, Valencia, Zamboanguita
|Negros Oriental Travel Informations
- History of Negros Oriental - Negros Oriental Geography - Negros Oriental Demographics - Negros Oriental Education - Negros Oriental Economy - Negros Oriental Culture - Negros Oriental Political Subdivision - Negros Oriental Transportation -
Negros Oriental Tourism
- Negros Oriental Festivals - Negros Oriental Historical Sites - Negros Oriental Cultural Sites - Negros Oriental Natural Wonders - Negros Oriental Religious Sites - Negros Oriental Man-Made Attractions - Negros Oriental Special Interest -
Popular catches include tilapia, catfish (hito), milkfish (bangus), grouper (lapu-lapu), shrimp (hipon), prawns (sugpo), mackerel (galunggong, hasa-hasa), swordfish, oysters (talaba), mussels (tahong), clams (halaan and tulya), large and small crabs (alimango and alimasag respectively), game fish, sablefish, tuna, cod, blue marlin, and squid/cuttlefish (both called pusit).
More details at Common dishes