NEGROS ORIENTAL ISLANDS PHILIPPINES
Negros Oriental Political Subdivision
|Negros Oriental is subdivided into 19 municipalities and 6 cities, which are further subdivided into 557 barangays.|
Dumaguete City is the provincial capital and seat of government. It is also the most populous city, despite having the smallest land area.
- Bais City
- Bayawan City
- Canlaon City
- Dumaguete City
- Tanjay City
For purposes of legislative representation, the cities and municipalities are grouped into three congressional districts, with each district electing a congressman to the House of Representatives of the Philippines.
* 1st District: Canlaon City, Vallehermoso, Guihulngan City, La Libertad, Jimalalud, Tayasan, Ayungon, Bindoy, Manjuyod
* 2nd District: Amlan, Bais City, Mabinay, Pamplona, San Jose, Sibulan, Tanjay City, Dumaguete City
* 3rd district: Bacong, Basay, Bayawan City, Dauin, Santa Catalina, Siaton, Valencia, Zamboanguita
|Negros Oriental Travel Informations
- History of Negros Oriental - Negros Oriental Geography - Negros Oriental Demographics - Negros Oriental Education - Negros Oriental Economy - Negros Oriental Culture - Negros Oriental Political Subdivision - Negros Oriental Transportation -
Negros Oriental Tourism
- Negros Oriental Festivals - Negros Oriental Historical Sites - Negros Oriental Cultural Sites - Negros Oriental Natural Wonders - Negros Oriental Religious Sites - Negros Oriental Man-Made Attractions - Negros Oriental Special Interest -
As with most Asian countries, the staple food in the Philippines is rice. It is most often steamed and served during meals.
Leftover rice is often fried with garlic to make sinangag, which is usually served at breakfast together with a fried egg and cured meat or sausages.
More details at Common dishes